What Influences Young America to Act for Change? - New Initiative Announcement
Today, INFLUENCE|SG announced the creation of Cause & Social Influence, an initiative exploring research on what drives social movements in America today. As part of the endeavor, they will host the Influence Nation Summit on Sept. 6 in Washington, D.C. at the National Geographic campus.
The Cause and Social Influence initiative will focus on Americans aged 18 to 30 to increase understanding of how they view and interact with social causes in their formative adult years taking a four-pronged approach:
- Research – studying industries, people and mechanisms to benchmark movements and methods used to build public engagement
- Fall Summit – featuring experts and activists who are leading and mobilizing social movements
- Community – collaborating and sharing insights via salon-style events across the nation
- Fellows - dedicated to the study and practice of social influences and change.
The inaugural Influence Nation Summit on Sept. 6 in Washington, D.C., will bring together on one stage:
- Subject matter experts (researchers, program designers and social entrepreneurs),
- Demonstrably skilled marketing/communication pros, and
- Activists, organizers and influencers who are successfully engaging individuals on the ground.
The Case Foundation is a founding sponsor of the Summit.
“For more than a decade the Case Foundation has studied the role of Millennials and social change with our research highlighting the impact that they can make,” said Jean Case, CEO of the Case Foundation and chairman of National Geographic. “We are very excited to support the Influence Nation Summit as we kickoff work to study how 18-30 years old Americans make decisions and are influenced to take action on social causes. Our hope is that the resulting data can serve as a roadmap to expand civic engagement and activism across a lifetime.
“Getting passionate about a social issue is one thing. Leveraging that passion to form a movement is another,” said Derrick Feldmann, Managing Director of INFLUENCE|SG. “Any person or company that wants to persuade young America on a large scale to take that leap into active, overt involvement in a cause should attend this summit and explore our forthcoming research.”
Tickets to the Influence Nation Summit are currently available. Tickets include full access to all programming and evening party with complimentary beverages, lounge access with experiences, sponsor networking areas and online video content after the event. See the program and speaker line-up for the Influence Nation Summit and get tickets at causeandsocialinfluence.com/tickets.